Join the Veteran Oral Health Action Collaborative
Kick-off on June 8, 2023 | 11 am CT
The collaborative will feature innovative presentations and hands-on applied learning in partnership with CareQuest Institute for Oral Health. Starting in June, monthly sessions will feature interprofessional presenters, will build on concepts of care integration and value-based designs, and advance solutions to veteran oral health issues. We welcome clinical professionals, and community representatives and advocates who want to find solutions that support optimal veteran oral health.
During the kick-off session participants will be invited to discuss the potential benefits and challenges of offering integrated, value-based care for veterans in their own practices and communities.
Integrated and value-based care for veterans
This first session will lay the groundwork, describing the systemic relationship between oral health and overall health and how it can be supported through a framework that uses the five components of the inter-professional oral health network which support medical-dental integration:
- Shared responsibility of oral systemic health
- Establishment of a referral network
- Transitioning care models
- Environment of improvement
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
All sessions will be held at 11 am CT. Additional session content detail and registration links will be added soon; for now, please save the dates!
- June 8: Online Kick-Off
- June 29: Veterans and Chronic Disease
- July 27: Public-Private Referrals for Veteran Oral Health in the Community Care Network
- August 24: The Role of Data in Advancing Integrated, Value-Based Care in Oral Health
- September 28: Community Partnerships for Data Collection
- October 26: Connections Between Mental Health and Oral Health
- December 7: Community Partnerships for Improving Care Quality