Exploring Innovations in Rural Oral Health
The 2023 AIDPH ECHO will focus on and offer participants the opportunity to earn a certificate in “Innovations in Rural Oral Health.” Each monthly session will feature a didactic presentation on innovations in a specific facet of rural oral health, followed by discussion of a "challenge" from the field. ECHO participants will serve as a "think tank" to brainstorm ideas around the presented challenge, which may relate to a clinical case, a program, outreach efforts, or ways to address the social determinants of health in rural areas.
Project ECHO is an all-teach-all-learn telementoring model focused on building the capacity of health providers. Seeing clear alignment with our mission and vision, AIDPH was credentialed in the ECHO model in 2020 to establish a rural oral health ECHO hub.
Our Rural Oral Health ECHO follows The Three Domains Framework using the lens of rurality and health equity. Each virtual session includes three key elements:
- Expert didactic presentation
- Participant Q&A
- Think tank challenge
Participants take this knowledge back to their communities to implement in their daily work, building the capacity of our oral health professional workforce.
2023 Session Topics
We are finalizing the details for the 2023 session topics so check back for more information. Here are the planned topics for the year:
- March: Medical-Dental Integration
- April: Workforce
- May: Community Care Delivery
- June: Specific Populations – Highlighting Migrant Oral Health
- July: Partner and Stakeholder Collaboration
- August: Data Collection
- September: Whole-person Health
- October: Specific Populations – Rural Tribal Health
- November: Chronic Disease Management for Veterans
- December: Patient Engagement and Communication