Shaping the Future of Dental Public Health
AIDPH proudly introduces our Oral Health Community Advisory Board (CAB). This board will provide valuable insights and perspectives to inform our Patient-Centered Outcomes Research/Comparative Effectiveness Research (PCOR/CER) research agenda and ensure strategies are deeply rooted in the needs and perspectives of the communities we serve.
This inaugural Oral Health CAB consists of seven dedicated individuals who represent key AIDPH community areas of focus, including veterans, rural populations, people with disabilities, and the LGBTQIA+ community. The strength of this board comes from lived experience, not research expertise. Members will receive guidance, support, and training on project objectives, roles, and responsibilities to develop a co-designed path forward.
Minority Veterans of America (MVA), a 501(c)(3) organization that provides spaces for minoritized veterans to connect and to fight for justice for their collective communities, is the consulting organization on this project. Lindsay Church, the founder and executive director of MVA, will be key personnel on this program. Building on existing collaboration between MVA and AIDPH, Church’s leadership will inform and advance capacity-building strategies through its network of LGBTQIA+ individuals, women, and racially minoritized veterans. MVA will also support the establishment of the AIDPH Oral Health CAB, advise in roadmap development, create and expand the network of participants for research implementation, and participate in annual AIDPH colloquia.
- Establish a diverse and representative CAB of individuals from veteran, rural, and LGBTQIA+ communities.
- Foster authentic relationships among CAB members, research partners, and community stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive road map for the PCOR/CER research agenda and implementation strategies.
- Engage the CAB in advising project development and co-creating research agendas for future implementation.
- Replicate the successful model of community engagement and research network established in the veteran oral health program to other communities of focus.