The AIDPH Mentorship Program connects established dental public health leaders with new dental public health specialists looking to build their network. AIDPH matches mentees and mentors based on interests, goals, professional roles, and work setting while serving as the platform to facilitate meaningful engagement between mentees and mentors. Mentors provide guidance and networking connections while assisting mentees in identifying and pursuing personal goals, developing leadership skills, and discussing future career paths.
AIDPH Mentorship Program Outline:
- No cost for participation
- One year program starting in the Fall of 2018
- One-to-one mentorship between a mentee and a carefully matched mentor
- Routine virtual video meetings conducted in the AIDPH mentorship platform
- Planned networking event at the National Oral Health Conference
- Flash mentoring sessions throughout the year designed to engage with other mentors and mentees
- Resources provided throughout the year to help with CV building and career opportunities
Enrollment for the 2019 cohort will be open in early fall.